This applies to employers and individual applicants on OpenElevator. By using our service you agree to accept all of the following, unaltered and in full:
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR SITES AND APPLICATIONS IS STORED WITH MICROSOFT LTD., IN THE UNITED STATES; THEREFORE, YOUR INFORMATION MAY BECOME SUBJECT TO U.S. LAW AS WELL AS THE LAW OF OTHER APPLICABLE JURISDICTIONS.
We link to other websites over which we have no control. OpenElevator is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those sites so you can understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
2. Information We Collect
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We collect information directly from you such as your contact information, resume, profile information, or business information. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our website, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
For example, depending on the services you use, we collect:
- a. Information provided or imported by you or your connections from third party applications with your permission;
- b. Your gender;
- c. Information about your business, such as company name and industry focus;
d. Credit card number and billing information (for services requiring payment) is safeguarded by our payment processing partner 2checkout Inc (see 2checkout.com) 2checkout is PCI Level 1 certified and offers a three-tier defense strategy to identify fraudulent activity.
Referrals: If you provide your contacts from a personal directory or another site or application, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided.
Passive Collection: We also gather certain information automatically when you visit our site or use our mobile applications. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, device ID, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
3. How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites and applications, and foster a positive user experience.
By registering with OpenElevator, by managing your profile, by posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- a. to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us,
- b. to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us,
- c. to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates,
- d. to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters,
- e. to inform you of other products or services available from OpenElevator,
- f. to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- g. to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- h. to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employers;
- i. to display targeted messages from employers based on the content of your resume or profile;
- j. to provide products and services to employers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- k. to generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- l. to provide customers with reports about the characteristics and trends of the job market including availability of talent;
- m. to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
- n. to give search engines access to public information;
- o. to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- p. to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you.
Or, if you identify yourself as “Ms.” we will assume you are female.
Our products and services, such as our resume and profile database, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you.
Information you provide on the OpenElevator sites or in your applications or make visible in the resume and profile database will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence.
While OpenElevator takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, OpenElevator does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information or any other information you would not want made public, to any OpenElevator site or application or to a public website.
We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads online. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and your preferences. Please see your account notification settings to customize the notification you receive or contact us.
4. How We Share Information
We provide you with a platform to broadcast information about yourself to maximize your career opportunities. We do not share contact information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure.
a. We share your information with third parties specifically to fulfill the application process. Examples of third parties who provide services on our behalf include those hosting our web servers, including resume database storage, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
b. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent. For example:
- i. if you opt in to receive information about the opportunities, products, or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties so they may choose to follow-up with an application;
- ii. if you previously chose to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from OpenElevator or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt out of receiving those messages by updating your profile preferences in your account profile or by contacting us.
- iii. By applying to a job, providing your contact information to show interest in a job, or by replying to a message from an employer, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer.
- iv. We also share aggregated information (including location data) about OpenElevator site visitors. We may also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members.
- v. If we create a co-branded site with another company, information will be retained by both companies and subject to the privacy policies of both companies, which will be published on the co-branded sites.
c. We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to:
- i. meet legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- ii. protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies;
- iii. investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security; or
- iv. protect the personal safety of users or the public.
d. We may disclose and transfer personal information to a third party who acquires OpenElevator, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event OpenElevator becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
5. Cookies and Online Advertising
Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results.
Analytics: We track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising.
Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our site.
OpenElevator also uses “Flash cookies”, also known as “Local Shared Objects”, to preserve video player settings and for security purposes.
6. An Important Note About Your Resume
When you create a profile, we store it in our database in the United States. You fully control the distribution of your resume by deciding to submit an application for a specific position. Submitted resumes can be viewed by those with access to the specific job posting at the relevant employer. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes that have been viewed or downloaded by others. When you create a profile, we store it in our database hosted by Microsoft Ltd (see microsoft.com) in the United States. You fully control the distribution of your resume by deciding to submit an application for a specific position. Submitted resumes can be viewed by those with access to the specific job posting at the relevant employer. You fully control the distribution of your resume by deciding to submit an application for a specific position. Submitted resumes can be viewed by those with access to the specific job posting at the relevant employer. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of resumes that have been viewed or downloaded by others.
Specifically, upon submitting an application, your resume will be transferred to the relevant employer, who may retain a copy of your resume or distribute it to third parties.
We attempt to limit access to our profile database to legitimate users, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database. We cannot control the use made of resumes by third parties who access the database. Once your resume has been disclosed, OpenElevator is not able to retrieve it from the third parties who accessed it.
You may remove your profile from our database at any time. However anyone who viewed your resume or profile may have kept a copy of it in their own files or databases.
Accordingly, you should not put sensitive information you would not want made public, in your resume or profile.
If you provide us with details of a reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so.
Resumes or profiles you give to us must not contain sensitive data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or biometric details or genetic makeup (vi) addictions or sexual life (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, (viii) the commission of any unlawful or objectionable conduct and associated penalties, or (ix) any Social Security Number or national identification number. If your resume or profile does contain this information, then you agree that it is at your own risk. We cannot control third parties’ access to such information from our database.
7. Access to Your Personal Information
Because managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our sites more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal information as described below. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Upon request OpenElevator will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, review, correct, update, change, or delete your resume or profile at any time. To do so, sign into your account, go to your resume or profile, and make the desired changes. If you do not have an account,or if you believe that someone else has provided us with your contact information, please contact us.
Access to, or correction, update, or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by OpenElevator if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you wish to delete your account information altogether, please contact us. We will send you an email to confirm that your personal information has been deleted. We will retain an archival record of your account activity, but it does not contain personal information and is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet). We will also keep logs and information that may relate to your activity on the site.
We will respond to information access requests within a reasonable timeframe.If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within a reasonable timeframe and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you do not sign in to your account or interact with our services, including continuing to receive emails from us, for a significant period of time, your account will expire and be scheduled for removal from our site. Our current expiration period is approximately 36 months; we may extend or reduce this period in order to adjust to changing hiring patterns. If your account contains a resume, you will receive an email from us before we delete your resume in this manner.
You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We utilize a variety of safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. OpenElevator takes appropriate measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us.
When you place an order online at OpenElevator, your payment information is safeguarded by our payment processing partner 2checkout Inc. (see 2checkout.com ). 2checkout is PCI Level 1 certified and offers a three-tier defense strategy to identify fraudulent activity.
OpenElevator is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
10. Contact Information
Your data submitted to OpenElevator is hosted and stored in a database on servers hosted by Microsoft Ltd (see microsoft.com) situated in the United States maintained by OpenElevator AG.
As noted above, if you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us.
Effective January 1, 2017